FATIGUE – INTRODUCTION
It is very important to understand what fatigue is. So, to understand and get the idea of fatigue properly, a few of the definitions of fatigue are given below:
- Fatigue is a condition characterized by a lessened capacity for work. It is also reduced the efficiency of accomplishment. Normally, it is accompanied by a feeling of weariness and tiredness. Fatigue can be sharp and come on suddenly or chronic and stick with or persist.
- Fatigue can be described as a lack of motivation and energy. This is for both, physical and mental.
- Fatigue is a feeling of constant weakness or tiredness. It can be mental, physical, or a combination of both.
This is not the same as drowsiness, a term that describes the need to sleep. Often a person complains of feeling tired. Is it fatigue or drowsiness? The health care professional must distinguish between fatigue and drowsiness. Though, both of these diseases can occur at the same time. The symptoms of both of these diseases can be confused, aside from drowsiness including shortness of breath with activity and muscle weakness.
As said earlier, all these symptoms can occur at the same time. Fatigue can be a normal response to mental and physical activity. Mostly in normal individuals, it is quickly relieved. Depending upon the intensity of activity, it usually takes hours to about a day to relieve.
SYMPTOMS OF FATIGUE
So, after knowing about fatigue, it is equally important to know about its symptoms. You will get the knowledge of symptoms of fatigue in the next few paragraphs. It is important to know about these to cure and get rid of the fatigue effectively. Fatigue can cause a wide range of physical symptoms. Additionally, it can cause many mental and emotional symptoms. All of these symptoms are as follows:
- A person who is fatigued feel headache.
- Dizziness is another very common symptom.
- The person also experiences sleepiness.
- Chronic tiredness
- Sore or aching muscles
- The muscles also become weak.
- The reflexes become slow and the person also responds slowly.
- Fatigue impairs the judgment and decision-making ability of the person.
- Appetite loss
- The reduced immune system function is another symptom that is very common in a fatigued person.
- Blurry vision
- Short-term memory problems have been indicated in a fatigued person.
- The concentration of the person becomes poor.
- Reduced ability to pay attention to the situation at hand.
- Low motivation
- Impaired hand-to-eye coordination
- Moodiness, such as irritability
- Post-exertional malaise
- Impaired memory or the concentration of the men damages.
- Un-refreshing sleep
- Muscle pain
- Tender cervical or auxiliary lymph nodes
- Sore throat
- Multi-joint pain without redness or swelling
CONSEQUENCES/RESULTS OF FATIGUE!
Being fatigued can bring an effect on many aspects of your life. The consequences of fatigue are given as follows:
- Some so many people suffer from mood swings. This is very dangerous as it can hurt your relationships at work as well as at home.
- Some people gain weight which is never good.
- Others find it hard to get motivated at home or work.
- You can become frustrated trying to keep the balance of your life. People in this condition simply can’t manage to spend time with friends and family versus the time to sleep.
- Many people work in shifts to feel socially isolated and alone. This further adds to the overall feeling of fatigue and stress. So, shift work can cause more serious health problems if it continues in the long term. These more serious problems include heart diseases as well as gastrointestinal problems such as ulcers.
- While performing the job, fatigue is a severe safety hazard. It can bring disasters and prove lethal. The experts and researchers say that if someone loses just one night of sleep, the person’s performance becomes impaired at the job. It becomes just the same as driving on a busy road after taking too much alcohol. So, it is such a dangerous situation and needed to be cured quickly to save the persons as well as the organization’s assets.
- The reaction time of the person becomes really slow.
- The concentration level greatly reduces. As a result, efficiency also decreases greatly.
- The memory loss also occurs temporarily. The person finds it difficult to remember things and often forget about simple things very quickly. So, you can say that it affects your brain very dangerously.
- You can even fall asleep on the job. Hence, it is very easy for you to commit any lethal mistake or violate any serious safety hazard and cause yourself an injury. You are not only putting yourself at the risk, but also the co-workers, the assets, and everything around you and your environment. So, it is very important to come out of such a situation.
- Just imagine you are driving on a busy road. Driving is a full-time activity. It needs your full concentration and focus. Due to fatigue, you just fall asleep during driving. So, it is not only workspace or work where being fatigued can be dangerous. It is about all of your life and the environment.
Here, we tried to state a few of the most common consequences or results of fatigue. It is impossible to state all of the results as it is having effects on every aspect of your life. Now, after reading about fatigue, its symptoms, and consequences, you must be thinking about the solution to this problem.
SOLUTION BY USING SHILAJIT
As fatigue is a symptom of an underlying condition, the treatment of this disease depends upon the condition that is causing the fatigue. It doesn’t matter, whether it is psychological, physical, or a combination of these two. Before looking at the solution of fatigue by using Shilajit, first of all, it is always good to know that what actually is Shilajit?
WHAT IS SHILAJIT
Shilajit is a sticky, thick tar-like substance. Its color is ranging from white to dark brown. The dark brown color is more common. This substance is found predominantly in Karakorum, Himalaya, Tibet Mountains, Caucasus Mountains, Mountains of Gilgit Baltistan, and the Altai Mountains. From the slow decomposition of plants, it develops over centuries. It’s effective as well as a safe supplement that can have a positive effect on your overall well-being and health.
It is a blackish-brown exudation, of variable consistency. The substance is obtained from steep rocks of different formations. These rocks are found in the Altai Mountains. It is used in Ayurveda and Unani. These are the traditional Indian systems of medicine. It contains at least 85 minerals in ionic form as well as tri-terpenes, humic acids, and fulvic acid.
CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME
Chronic fatigue syndrome is a long-term condition that causes extreme fatigue or tiredness. CFS can make it difficult to go to school or work. Simply, everyday activities can prove to be challenging. Researchers think that Shilajit supplements can certainly reduce symptoms of CFS and restore energy.
CFS is associated with mitochondrial dysfunction. This occurs when your cells don’t produce enough energy. In a study, researchers gave lab rats shilajit for 21 days. Then they induced CFS by forcing the rats to swim for 15 minutes for 21 consecutive days. The results found that Shilajit helped them to reduce the effects of CFS. They say this was the result of the Shilajit. It helped people to prevent mitochondrial dysfunction.
Based on these results, you can say that Shilajit naturally boosts your body’s mitochondrial function. Additionally, its supplements will help to improve energy levels.
There may be a pause time between when the illness has been treated and the intensity of fatigue symptoms. Some of the symptoms may resolve as soon as the underlying condition is treated. For example, people who are anemic, feel much better as soon as their red blood cell count increases and become normal. However, those recovering from infectious mononucleosis may require weeks to have their energy levels return to normal.
Shilajit is having several health benefits, especially when it comes to treating fatigue. It is a safe and effective supplement when used correctly. Yes, it is always best to speak to a doctor about the correct dosage of this substance. However, as stated earlier, it is safe to use so can be taken without any fear. In fact, this is one of the best and most effective solutions to treat and get rid of fatigue and its related diseases.